New Life Community Church was organized on December 21, 1996 with 126 members under the leadership of Dr. Vernon M. Robertson, and moderated by Pastor R. M. Robertson. The first service was held at the location formerly known as the Tyler Activity Center on Sunday, December 22, 1996. As the church grew, a campaign was established to secure funds to purchase our own facility. As the search began, members were on the lookout for a facility we would eventually call home. Several options were considered, including purchasing land to build, but God had other plans in mind. After several months of praying and seeking God for direction, we were directed to 1201 NNW Loop 323 where the Lakeview Church of the Nazarene was currently worshipping, but were in the process of selling their facility in order to construct another facility in a different location. On May 2, 1997, New Life began a dual worship service with the Lakeview Church of the Nazarene and on May 31, 1997 the facility was purchased from Lakeview.
As the church continued to grow, ministries began to form to minister to the needs of the members and the community. On August 14, 2000, the New Life Learning Center opened its doors to meet the need for affordable, quality childcare offering services for infants through age 5. The Zoe Bookstore opened its doors for business on December 8, 2001 offering an array of services including books, greeting cards, choir and ministerial robes, church literature, music, and communion accessories just to name a few.
Currently, the ministries available include: Music, Usher, Hospitality, Cooks for Christ, Men, Children, New Life Learning Center, Media, and Zoe Bookstore.